STOKE SATURDAY 13th OCTOBER POSTPONED

 Last Updated: 11/10/2018 18:03

STOKE SATURDAY 13th OCTOBER - POSTPONED - Severe wet weather forecast

In light of weather forecasts which have been checked hourly until today at 4.30.pm which predict the Western side of the country to suffer heavy rain and strong winds Friday and Saturday, reluctantly in the best interest of drivers and customers we have decided to postpone this meeting until 10th November.

The rain has started today, Gale force wind and rain are forecast tomorrow [ Friday ] and strong wind and rain throughout the day Saturday. This will at best create a mud bath, a number competitors may well opt to 'cancel' their booking. We are also mindful - but have not been influenced by, our colleagues in speedway still have one match to run next Saturday and our worry is also e instating the track for this and whilst not our issue as such, we try and work together and be responsible. One of two formulae may be reluctant such as Hot Rods due to inevitable damage if the track is waterlogged.

We feel early notice is more helpful so alternative arrangements may be made. It is anticipated, once discussions have taken place over the next 48 hours, that the same formulae will be in action on the 10th.
Apologies for the disruption and any disappointment caused and knowing our luck [ lack of ] the weather now a decision has been made, may well improve!

Our next meeting at Stoke will be SUNDAY 28th October at 12 Noon

 

 
<